KANSAS CITY, MO - After a short road trip to Detroit, the Royals return home for a seven-game homestand against the Chicago White Sox (August 20-22), Washington Nationals (August 23-25) and Tampa Bay Rays (August 26). The game against the Rays is an afternoon makeup game from May 2, when the game was postponed due to inclement weather.
The Royals will host many great events, including a special Folds of Honor Night to support the families of American's fallen and disabled soldiers on Thursday, August 22. An event-filled weekend begins with Beers of the K, Buck Night and the last Summer Fireworks of the season on Friday, August 23. The Royals and Nationals will wear special Negro Leagues uniforms for the annual Salute to the Negro Leagues on Saturday, August 24, which also features a Kansas City Monarchs vintage t-shirt giveaway. The weekend will conclude with the annual Classic Car Show and KU Day on Sunday, August 25. Fans can also enjoy special events including GordoNation and All You Can Eat Seats during the homestand.
Tuesday, August 20 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, August 21 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a new seating section in left field that will be reserved for die-hard fans every Wednesday home game in August and September. Tickets cost $30 and come with a GordoNation t-shirt. For details, visit www.royals.com/gordonation.
- INK Student Night - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
- INK Local Music Showcase - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night will also feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Clairaudients will entertain fans prior to the game against the White Sox. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, August 22 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Folds of Honor Night - Join the Royals for Folds of Honor Night to support the families of American's fallen and disabled soldiers. Ticket packages are available for $15 at www.royals.com/foldsofhonor and include a Hy-Vee Infield ticket and Folds of Honor/Royals t-shirt. In addition, a portion of each ticket package purchase will be donated back to the Folds of Honor Foundation. Country music artist Craig Morgan will sign the National Anthem during pregame ceremonies, and fans will be treated to a special patriotic fireworks show after the game.
· All You Can Eat Seats - Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 - 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, August 23 - Washington Nationals vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Beers of the K - The Royals will host a special pregame beer experience at Rivals Sports Bar beginning at 5:30 p.m. Entry is free with a game ticket and fans can purchase unique varieties of beer to sample. The first 500 fans will receive a Royals tasting glass and prizes will be raffled off during the event. For more information, visit www.royals.com/beersofthek.
· Buck Night - Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy the final fireworks show of the season, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, August 24 - Washington Nationals vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
· Salute to the Negro Leagues - The Royals and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum pay tribute to Kansas City's rich baseball tradition with this annual salute. On the field, both teams don Negro League uniforms provided by Sprint. The Royals and Nationals will be wearing uniforms inspired by the 1942 Kansas City Monarchs and Washington Homestead Grays, in what will be a rematch of the 1942 Negro Leagues World Series. Some of the game-worn and autographed uniforms from both teams will be auctioned off to benefit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. Fans can go to www.royals.com/negroleagues or mlb.mlb.com/auction to bid on these items. Additionally, some of the game-worn Monarchs hats will be available for auction at the Royals Authentics store at The K during the Washington Nationals series.
· Monarchs Vintage T-Shirt - In celebration of Salute to the Negro Leagues, the first 10,000 fans receive a Monarchs vintage t-shirt courtesy of Papa John's (photo attached).
· 610 Saturdays - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Ballpark Nachos for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, August 25 - Washington Nationals vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- KU Day - Supporters of the University of Kansas can join fellow Jayhawks for an afternoon of big league action presented by FOX Sports Kansas City and Rally House. To join fellow Jayhawks, fans can visit www.royals.com/ku for details or to purchase discounted tickets. The first 750 Jayhawk fans who bring their KU Day discounted ticket to the KU table located inside Hy-Vee Gate B will receive a limited edition crimson, blue and white KC Royals Kansas cap (photo attached). Gate B opens at noon. To reserve a group of 20 or more tickets, call (816) 504-4174.
· Cruise to the K Classic Car Show - The Royals host the fourth annual Cruise to The K Classic Car Show and Exhibit. Participating car enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see their cars on the warning track during pregame ceremonies. Cars will also be on display in Lot A throughout the day. Cruise to the K participants may purchase a special ticket package that includes entrance into the contest, two tickets to the game, a parking pass, commemorative t-shirt and dash plaque for just $28 (advance purchases). To register, please visit www.royals.com/carshow. To reserve a group of 10 or more tickets, which includes scoreboard recognition and block seating, call (816) 504-4167 or email email@example.com.
· Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint - All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, August 26 - Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.