KANSAS CITY, MO (August 29, 2013) - The Kansas City Royals open a seven-game homestand with a special Labor Day matinee on Monday, September 2 against the Seattle Mariners. First pitch is scheduled for 1:10 p.m. Following evening games on September 3-4, the Mariners and Royals conclude a four-game series with another afternoon contest on Thursday, September 5. The Detroit Tigers, leaders of the American League Central, will then visit Kauffman Stadium for a three-game weekend series, September 6-8.
The homestand will feature new special events, including Hunting and Fishing Night and First Responders Day on September 7. In addition, the Royals will also host many other fan favorites throughout the homestand, including GordoNation, All You Can Eat Seats and the final Buck Night of the season.
Monday, September 2 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
- Value Monday - All Hy-Vee Level tickets, excluding Hy-Vee Box, are just $7 courtesy of Hy-Vee. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, September 3 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, September 4 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 7:10 p.m.
- GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a new seating section in left field that will be reserved for die-hard fans every Wednesday home game in August and September. Tickets cost $30 and come with a GordoNation t-shirt. For details, visit www.royals.com/gordonation.
- INK Student Night - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
- INK Local Music Showcase - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night will also feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Cowboy Indian Bear will entertain fans prior to the game against the Mariners. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, September 5 - Seattle Mariners vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
- All You Can Eat Seats - Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 - 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
- Chevrolet Everyday Heroes Come Home - A police escorted caravan of 50 Silverado trucks will be arriving at Kauffman Stadium prior to the start of the game to celebrate the launch of the all-new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. The Kansas City Area Chevy Dealers will be hosting a Purple Heart recipient, who will receive keys to a new home during the game, as part of Chevrolet's Everyday Heroes Come Home program.
Friday, September 6 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Saturday, September 7 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
- Hunting and Fishing Night - The Royals have teamed up with Heartland Waterfowl to present Hunting and Fishing Night at The K that includes a special Field Plaza or Hy-Vee Infield ticket offer. In addition, $5 of every ticket purchased goes towards conservation with Ducks Unlimited. For groups of 20 of more, please call (816) 504-4390. Visit www.royals.com/waterfowl for more information.
- First Responders Day - The Royals and GovX are proud to salute members of the military and first responders by offering specially-priced tickets at up to a 50 percent discount. Visit www.GovX.com/Royals for more information.
- 610 Saturdays - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Ground Beef Tacos for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, September 8 - Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
- Fun Run presented by Sprint - All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.