Viewership for Kansas City Royals telecasts on FOX Sports Kansas City reached an all-time high in 2013. Ratings jumped 70 percent - the biggest increase in Major League Baseball.
The 143 regular season broadcasts on FOX Sports Kansas City averaged a 6.4 household rating, up from a 3.8 in 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research. The Royals ranked sixth among all clubs, up from 15th last season.
"It was a thrilling season," said FOX Sports Kansas City General Manager and Senior Vice President Jack Donovan. "It was apparent the entire year - from the offseason, to opening day, to game 162 - that there is a heightened level of excitement around Royals baseball that will continue well into the future."
Facts and Figures
· Biggest ratings increase in MLB local market TV ratings this season, up 70 percent.
· Highest season average ever for Royals cable telecasts, a 6.4 household rating.
· Highest-rated Royals game ever on FOX Sports Kansas City: Aug. 13 vs. Miami (12.3)
· Royals telecasts dominated Kansas City TV viewing in the summer, as FOX Sports Kansas City was the No. 1 channel in prime time on 45 nights from June through September.
· Royals ratings have increased each of the last three seasons.
All data is courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.