KANSAS CITY, MO (April 9, 2014) - The Kansas City Royals and FOX 4 WDAF-TV will host the 16th annual School Day at The K on Wednesday, May 14 prior to the club's 1:10 p.m. game versus the Colorado Rockies. Now in its 16th year, School Day at The K is the largest educational field trip in Kansas City and attracts more than 20,000 students each year.
Gates to the Kauffman Stadium will open at 8:30 a.m., and the first 10,000 students will receive weather DVD courtesy of FOX 4.
Chief Meteorologist Mike Thompson and the FOX 4 Weather Team will then lead an hour-long pregame program focused on science and weather beginning at 10 a.m. on the Kauffman Stadium field. Following the presentation, students and teachers will have an opportunity to meet FOX 4 personalities, participate in hands-on educational activities, and watch the Royals take on the Rockies. A schedule of activities for School Day at The K is listed below.
School Day at The K Schedule - Wednesday, May 14:
- 8:30 a.m. Kauffman Stadium gates open to all schools
- 9:15-10 a.m. Attendees find open seating in the lower bowl
- 10-11 a.m. FOX 4 meteorology lesson (in the stadium)
- 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Lunch break - Opportunity to meet the FOX 4 Weather Team, receive autographs and participate in hands-on activities
- 1:10 p.m. Game time vs. Colorado Rockies
For more information or to purchase tickets, please call (816) 504-4040, option 4, or visit www.royals.com/schoolday.
Members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.