KANSAS CITY, MO (May 12, 2014) - The Kansas City Royals will return home on Tuesday, May 13 for a nine-game homestand against the Colorado Rockies, Baltimore Orioles and Chicago White Sox. Special annual programs will occur throughout the homestand including School Day at The K and Salute to the Negro Leagues. Fans will also have a chance to enjoy new events including Zubazpalooza on May 16 and WWI Museum Night on May 17. In addition, fans can get great giveaway items on select nights. Please see below for more information.
Tuesday, May 13 - Colorado Rockies vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-shirt Tuesday - The first 10,000 fans will receive a t-shirt highlighting the team's 2014 slogan, 'Be Royal', courtesy of Metropolitan Community College (photo attached).
- MCC Night at the K - More than 500 Metropolitan Community College students and employees will join us to celebrate their new partnership with the Royals.
Wednesday, May 14 - Colorado Rockies vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- School Day at The K presented by FOX 4 - The Royals and FOX 4 WDAF-TV welcome students to Kauffman Stadium for the largest educational field trip in Kansas City. The event will feature an on-field weather and science demonstration, as well as a science fair. Gates open at 8:30 a.m. with the presentation scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. For tickets, call (816) 504-4040, option 4, or visit www.royals.com/schoolday.
- Weather DVD - The first 10,000 fans will get a Weather DVD, courtesy of FOX 4.
- Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lottery - Round two of the bracket-style contest begins as the fans vote for the new sixth inning sing-a-long song. During each game until June 7, fans in the ballpark will vote for one of two songs that will be announced during pregame by KMBZ Radio's Dana Wright and Scott Parks of "Dana & Parks" on CrownVision. The song with the most votes will be played during the sixth inning of that same game, and the overall contest winner will be played in the remaining games of the 2014 season. www.royals.com/playitforward
Thursday, May 15 - Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a special seating section in left field that will be reserved for die-hard Alex Gordon fans on Thursday home games throughout the season. The first 100 GordonNation fans will also receive an Alex Gordon big head. Tickets cost $35 and come with a gold GordoNation t-shirt. (photo attached) For details, visit www.royals.com/gordonation.
- All You Can Eat Seats - Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 - 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, May 16 - Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Zubazpalooza Day at The K - The Royals are excited to host the inaugural Zubazpalooza Day at The K! Fans can purchase a special ticket package that includes a ticket to the game and a pair of Royals-themed Zubaz pants. (photo attached) The pants can be picked up from the Zubaz bus that will be located between Lot H and Lot M. For more information, visit www.royals.com/zubazpalooza.
- Buck Night - Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, May 17 - Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
- National WWI Museum Night - Fans can join the Royals for a special remembrance of America's heroes, presented by Waddell and Reed. Special artifacts from the war will be on display around the ballpark for fans to view. In addition, the first 20,000 fans will receive special Buy One, Get One coupons for entrance to the museum.
- 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Ballpark Nachos for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, May 18 - Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Salute to the Negro Leagues - The Royals and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum pay tribute to Kansas City's rich baseball tradition with this annual salute. On the field, both teams don Negro League uniforms that fans can bid on after the game at www.royals.com/NLBM
or mlb.mlb.com/auction. The Royals will be wearing mid-1920s cream and navy blue Monarchs jerseys, while the Orioles will wear late-1920s Black Sox jerseys. All of the game-worn and autographed uniforms from both teams will be auctioned off to benefit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. Additionally, some of the game-worn Monarchs hats will be available for auction at the Royals Authentics Store exclusively on this day.
- Dressed to the Nines - In celebration of the Negro Leagues, the Royals have also partnered with the museum for the first annual "Dressed To The Nines" event. All fans are encouraged to wear their Sunday best to the game in honor of the tradition of attending Negro Leagues games Dressed to the Nines! A portion of each ticket sold will benefit the museum.
- Monarchs Fedora - In conjunction with Salute to the Negro Leagues and Dressed to the Nines, the first 10,000 fans will receive a Kansas City Monarchs Fedora! (photo attached)
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs with select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that includes four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
- Sunday Fun Run - All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, May 19 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Value Monday - All Hy-Vee Level tickets, excluding Hy-Vee Box, are just $8 courtesy of Hy-Vee. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, May 20 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Tourism Night - The first 10,000 fans will receive a KC Attractions Coupon Sheet courtesy of the Greater Kansas City Attractions Association filled with valuable offers from attractions all over town. In addition to in-game prize giveaways, fans can head out to the Outfield Experience to visit various booths and activities regarding area travel and events.
Wednesday, May 21 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $8. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include pregame food and beverage specials available at the Crown Classic concession area.
- Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be Not a Planet. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.