KANSAS CITY, MO (May 22, 2014) - The Kansas City Royals return home for Memorial Day to host a three-game series against the Houston Astros. The Royals will honor current and past members of the military with special on-field presentations and salutes on Memorial Day. In addition, there will be two great giveaways during the series including a camouflage jersey on Memorial Day and a t-shirt featuring Royals closer Greg Holland on Tuesday. Please see below for more information.
Memorial Day, Monday, May 26 - Houston Astros vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Armed Forces Night presented by Budweiser - Join us for a special pregame ceremony honoring the men and women who serve our country. Members of the military will also be honored throughout the game through the Buck O'Neil Legacy Seat and Our Heroes program, as well as other special in-game features. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:00 p.m. for the special Armed Forces Night program. In addition, special ticket pricing will be available for members of the military and their families. For more information, visit www.royals.com/military.
- Camouflage Jersey - The first 10,000 fans will receive a special white jersey with camouflage Royals script courtesy of FOX Sports Kansas City (photo attached).
- Value Monday - All Hy-Vee Level tickets, excluding Hy-Vee Box, are just $8 courtesy of Hy-Vee. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
- Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lottery - Round two of the bracket-style contest continues as the fans vote for the new sixth inning sing-a-long song. During each game until June 7, fans in the ballpark will vote for one of two songs that will be announced during pregame by KMBZ Radio's Dana Wright and Scott Parks of "Dana & Parks" on CrownVision. The song with the most votes will be played during the sixth inning of that same game, and the overall contest winner will be played in the remaining games of the 2014 season. www.royals.com/playitforward
Tuesday, May 27 - Houston Astros vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-shirt Tuesday - The first 10,000 fans will receive a t-shirt featuring Royals closer Greg Holland, presented by Teva (photo attached).
- Nurse Appreciation Night - Area nurses can purchase discounted tickets as part of Nurse Appreciation Night at the ballpark presented by Teva. www.royals.com/teva.
Wednesday, May 28 - Houston Astros vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Student "Night" presented by INK Magazine - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $8. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include pregame food and beverage specials available at the Crown Classic concession area.
- Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be Bears & Company. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
- Peanut Friendly Games at The K - The Royals are proud to host the first peanut friendly suite of the season. Seated in the Joe Burke Suite, fans can participate by purchasing tickets for $55 which include peanut-friendly food and non-alcoholic drinks. For more information, visit www.royals.com/peanutallergy.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.