Major League Baseball requires postseason invoices to include tickets for every potential 2014 Postseason game at Kauffman Stadium. Therefore, tickets for all possible playoff games, including potential tiebreaker games, are included in the postseason ticket packages available to season ticket holders.
• Tiebreaker Game 1: A one-game matchup to decide the winner of the American League Central Division and/or Wild Card.
• Tiebreaker Game 2: A one-game matchup to decide the winner of the Wild Card.
• Round 1: A one-game matchup between the two Wild Card teams.
• Round 2: A best-of-five Division Series played in a 2-2-1 format (if necessary).
• Round 3: A best-of-seven League Championship Series played in a 2-3-2 format (if necessary).
• Round 4: A best-of-seven World Series played in a 2-3-2 format, with the American League team hosting Games 1, 2, 6 and 7 (if necessary).
Should the Royals not quality for the playoffs, or the Royals make the playoffs and all games are not played, any postseason credits for unused tickets (and parking, if applicable) will be automatically applied toward a 2015 season ticket package. If fans prefer to receive a refund, they can submit their request online at www.royals.com/refund by Friday, November 14.
In addition, full season, half season and 21-game ticket holders may have the opportunity to purchase additional postseason ticket strips based on availability. Notification will be sent to season ticket holders for additional ticket strip availability at a later date.
Ticket pricing for all playoff rounds will vary, and all prices are set in conjunction with Major League Baseball. There are several seating demands that exist for the postseason, including commitments for Major League Baseball and its partners. While every attempt will be made to keep season ticket holders in their current seats, relocations may occur. The Royals will make every effort to assign comparable seat locations to regular season seats when possible.
Season ticket holders with questions regarding their 2014 Postseason invoice may contact the Royals Ticket Services Department at (816) 504-4040, option 3, or email email@example.com.